Sunday, April 20, 2008

Creep, Creep, Creepy!

Yesterday, I had to wait in Cellcom for 45 minutes, while they tried to fix my son's phone. Hours later, sitting here at the computer, I got a text message from a local cell phone number. It said simply, "U Single?" (I'm not, and I wear a wedding ring.)

I didn't know if I should reply. I had no idea who this person was. If it was computer-generated, I didn't want to encourage the computer to keep my number, so I ignored it for a bit. Then I decided to call Cellcom to find out if they could figure out who it was. The guy on the phone, "Tim," offered to call the number for me to investigate. He called me back and told me that he couldn't tell me more, but that it was a voice he recognized as a current customer named Shawn. He said Shawn had brought his phone in for repair today.

Creepy. So some guy standing in Cellcom heard me say my cellphone number and remembered it to call me fours hours later to hit on me? Yes, I know. I'm 45 years old and could consider it a compliment. However, I don't. It's creepy. Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents...